Finished knockdown assays!
Total of 339 ants.
Climate Cascade group meeting
- Aphaenogaster samples
- Phytotron update
- One colony from each site at 20C and 26C
- Colonies seem to be okay with reduced ramp to +-1.5C daily
- Transferred to Phytotron from July 9th to 25th, with replacement colonies added July 29th
SCH: I should go down and help with protocol for first round of sample collection for gene expression Samples to collect:
- 8 ants heat-shocked at 37C for one hour, flash frozen for gene expression
- 8 ants control temp for one hour, flash frozen for gene expression
- 10 ants (2 sets of 5) for protein stability (Andrew)
- 3 ants for cuticular hydrocarbons (Mike) frozen
- Lacy will be doing CTmax on 10 ants per sample
- Total: 39 ants. This will substantially reduce small colonies.
- Transcriptome update
- JSG: preliminary pipeline including in silico spike-in nearly done
- Genome plans
- 1 lane Illumina 200bp fragment library (160 million 100bp paired-end reads) ~ $3k
- ~90x coverage assuming 350Mbp genome size
- 1 lane Illumina 3kbp jump library
- ALLPATHS-LG assembly
- BioNano physical mapping ~$5k
- Adaptive Potential experiment